Wednesday, October 19, 2011

October

We have been on a self imposed hiatus from visitors, but it is over on Friday! We are headed to Salisbury for Kathleen's wedding and we can't wait to see everyone! Gunner was on the phone with Memaw and Papaw tonight. He kept telling Papaw, "I like Sissy"...boy does love his sister, God help any of her future boyfriends, he's a mean little toot, they don't stand a chance! But I think he is excited to see Memaw and Papaw. He'll be even more excited when Owen and Aiden get there. I can't wait to get some pictures of Aiden and Max together. Doug and I ordered a new Canon Rebel T2i for our anniversary, the UPS tracking said it will be here on Friday. Of course it requires a signature, so hopefully we will be here to sign for it and can use it this weekend!

Last weekend we went to the pumpkin patch. It was so much fun. Max did great with all the new sights and sounds. There was a petting zoo for all the kids, Makayla really liked the holstein calf, Gunner liked the llamas. They had pony rides which both kids loved! I think I have Makayla convinced to take horseback riding lessons in a year or two! We watched a Toy Story skit, and the kids went through a hay stack maze, and obstacle course. You should have seen Gunner climb the fences in the obstacle course! He was half way through the course before Doug caught up to him!

Makayla has her first tumbling competition next month, in Kansas. I can't wait to see it! She seems pretty excited about it as well. Gunner is still in tumbling, although I don't think he enjoys it as much as his sister. He spends a lot of the class time looking at the instructors like the are dense for asking him to jump on a trampoline or sit on a mat :o) oh well.

Max was sick this week. He caught a cold that had been going around the house, he was the last one to get it. Poor guy. He did well, though. All the doctors expected him to end up hospitalized with any cold he got, but we have managed to stay home. When his temperature reaches 101F we have been instructed to get him to the emergency room. I'm assuming it is because he has a history of febrile seizures, but don't really know the exact reasoning. We managed to keep his temperature down below 101F, but barely. His heart rate was also a little faster than normal, but nothing extreme. It had me in fits of nervousness, I stayed home for three days with him. But he has kept his fever down today, so I think it is safe for him to go back to daycare tomorrow.

At the suggestion of my friend, Teri, we tried gravity feeds on Max. Did his first one tonight. So far so good. She tried them on her son, Finley, with some success. If Max can keep the food down this way it will take or feeding time from about 1.5 hours every three hours to 5-15 minutes every three hours! That would be great, for all of us involved.

While I was at home this week, I saw a documentary on a little girl that had a huge tumor on her face, and all of the surgeries they have done to remove the tumor and reconstruct her face. It was so sad, and made me realize how blessed we really are. Thank you, God, for all the healing graces you have bestowed on my family. Thank you, everyone, for all the prayers you have offered up for our family. We have much to be grateful for, we are truly blessed. My Aunt sent me this verse, and I like it and want to share it. 1Peter 5:10 "and the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast."

All that have prayed for Max, will you please keep our little friend, Finley, and his family in your prayers? He is going in for open heart surgery November 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment